Friday, May 16, 2014

Woodland animal hunt

 
At the moment I am planning a woodland birthday party for M who is going to be 7 in June.  I have my fingers crossed that it will be a nice day. There will be bows and arrows and pine cone catapults and a craft. At the moment I'm preparing an animal treasure hunt.  I found these pictures of animals on the Internet printed them on card and cut them out.  On the day these will get hidden in the forest.  The kids will then be given a treasure hunt sheet of the animals that they have to find. There might even be a reward for anyone who finds them all.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ywFmlvZuK8RWhyTkszMjJQNkE/edit?usp=sharing
If you would like to use our animal treasure hunt here are the printouts that I used or you can make your own.
 
 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ywFmlvZuK8WXdtbEpyS2FMdGc/edit?usp=sharing
 
 
I wanted to make sure my drawing pins would go into the trees so I did a trial run today, while looking for Y shaped sticks for the Catapults/Sling shot.  I'll wait till it has bring dry a while to collect the pine cones.



 
 

9 comments:

  1. I imagine this would have been great fun :) We went on a similar hunt a couple of weeks ago looking for different birds at preschool and the kids all loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I want to come play at this birthday party too! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea!!! thanks you for sharing at kids learning printables linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun, fun idea for a party! I'm looking forward to hearing how it turns out!
    Thanks for linking up with The Thoughtful Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for the party! Thanks for sharing with After School Link up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great activity and especially for a party! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! I'm always sending the kids out to look for live animals, but right off a walking trail can be hard to find them since they're usually well traveled. I think I might create some of these too! Thanks for the idea!! Pinning to remind myself about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Love the animal pictures you found! Question: #8-the brown squirrel-like animal with big ears...is this some type of squirrel?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of your comments, to see what you get upto and what you think of our ideas.