Monday, January 27, 2014

Desk Tidy

 
Recently Matthew has really been getting into his drawing and colouring in.  The only problem was that he had all his pens in a box.  To find a colour he wanted he would empty the box all over the floor.


So I thought I would try making a desk tidy.  Not sure if it will make any difference but worth a try.

I raided our box of making supplies and found a couple of Pringles tubes and a gravy container.  I cut these to different sizes and then covered them in Papier-mâché to make painting them easier.

 
Once they were dry I painted them.  I decided that Acrylic paints would probably cover better and give a better finish.  Then some decorative sticky tape was added and they were stuck together using the glue gun.  I didn't think white glue would hold them well enough.  The glue gun also speeds things up as it sets so quickly.

I then left the desk tidy on his table with some foam letters to decorate in the morning.


 

 
 
 
 Now to see if he will actually keep the pens in it or still tip them all over the floor.

Here are a couple of pictures showing other desk tidy's we made when he was younger.

 

6 comments:

  1. These are really cute! I have to make one with my son who also makes a mess looking for a certain pencil or pen.

    I would love for you to hop over and share with us at Tell Me About It Tuesday.
    (http://www.sweetsillysara.com/2014/01/tell-me-about-it-tuesday-3.html)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it. And thanks for letting us share with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. neat idea and they look really nice. Thanks for linking up at Tell Me About It Tuesday. We hope you hop over and share with us again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. recycling and tidiness! perfect combination!

    thank you for linking up with the #pinitparty

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super cute desk tidy! Love recycling! Thanks for joining in with the #GetYourCraftOn #Stationery challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of your comments, to see what you get upto and what you think of our ideas.