Monday, November 4, 2013

Roller ball painting


 
I'm really enjoying going back over my photos from the last few years.  It is great to see what we got up to in the past, and how things have changed.  Amazing how much Matthew has grown up.  Would hardly have recognised him in this photo with curly hair.  That reminds me I need to make an appointment for him to get it cut again.
 
 
Roller ball painting
 
This is another of my crafts that uses recycled materials.  All you need is some empty roll on deodorant containers and paint.
 
Prise the top off the container, from looking in my draw this morning there seem to be different designs a ball that goes into the container and a ball that goes into a case that goes onto the container. I used the second and it just popped off but otherwise try a table knife. I haven't tried the 1st type but I expect you could prise the ball out.
 
 
 
 
  Then make sure you rinse out the containers well before you use them.  You will probably have to experiment a bit with your paint to get it the right thickness.  You might need to add a little water so that it will work.  Don't add to much or it will run everywhere.
 


8 comments:

  1. Great idea! I will use it with my boys :)))))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. Hope they have fun.

      Delete
  2. Awesome idea!! I was just trying to figure out a system that wasn't messy.. Thanks!!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT idea! So unique! I can't wait to give this a try with my 3 1/2 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a brilliant idea for slightly less messy painting with little ones! And probably good fun for older kids too - might try this with my 5 yo sometime.
    Thanks for linking up to Tuesday Tutorials! #pintorials

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, that is just brilliant! I'm looking forward to trying this now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to reuse these containers!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of your comments, to see what you get upto and what you think of our ideas.